Session Dates and Locations:
Each Weekly Session Runs Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Jun 4 - Jun 8 (Fayetteville)
- NWA Fab Lab - 21 W Mountain St Suite 123, Fayetteville, AR 72701
- Jun 18 - Jun 22 (Rogers)
- University of Arkansas Global Campus, 3300 S Market St #402, Rogers, AR 72758
- Jun 25 - Jun 29 (Fayetteville )
- ALLPS Fayetteville School of Innovation, 2350 Old Farmington Rd., Fayetteville AR
- Jul 16 - Jul 20 (Bentonville)
- Jul 30 - Aug 3 (Springdale)
- Arts Center of the Ozarks, 214 Main St, Springdale, AR 72764
9 - 15
New and Improved.
Nerdies Robotics is back and better this summer. We have teamed up with a top 20 nationally ranked robotics team AND now working with a whole new robotics platform in VEX Robotics (vexrobotics.com). Over the week you and your team will compete in several awesome competitions against other the teams in the session. Why do something boring over the summer when you can come to Nerdies and do something cool. You Ready To Build Awesome Robots?
Great session which forces your child to really start thinking about all of the things they will need to do everyday to compete. We challenge the kids to build, rebuild, redesign, rebuild and redesign again all in an attempt to get better performance from their robot. You will be amazed at how when they come home everyday how they will be talking about and picking your brain on what they can do better the next day. This passion and excitement for learning is something that will serve them well the rest of their lives.
- What is Robotics and Engineering?
- Why we need robotics, and why it’s going to be a big part of the future
- What kinds of problems can we solve with robotics
- What is problem solving, how do engineers do it
- Breaking down a problem
- Cost analysis
- Creating a decision matrix
- Iterating the design process
- Basics of mechanical power transmission
- Intro to DC motors
- The difference between speed and torque
- Gear ratio basics
- When to use what kind of gear ratio
- Programming in RobotC Basics
- What are sensors
- Why do we need sensors
- What sensors are good for what tasks
- How to use sensor in RobotC
- Maze solving basics
Nerdies Summer Sessions will be held Monday through Friday from 9am-3pm. Lunch not provided.
A NON-REFUNDABLE payment is required to hold your spot for Nerdies Summer Sessions. In the event your child is unable to attend the payment can be applied to future Nerdies offerings.
Minimum of 5 students required, maximum of 12 students total